Another week, another rise in Covid cases, but also a rise in those getting vaccinated, which at least is a positive note. I guess New Zealand now has to move on like Singapore and Australia and acknowledge that the elimination strategy is no longer going to work, but we’ll see what happens in the next few weeks. But this post is about small pleasures, and there were several this week, including seeing the ducklings again in the Botanic Gardens, this time snuggled up close in a tumble of feathers and beaks. I saw a video of my one year old great-nephew walking and laughing, finished a good book and enjoyed dinner with friends.
There was some lovely weather – glorious spring sunshine and even warm enough to sit outside and read. The pictures below were taken as I walked up Cuba Street on Saturday on the way to Noble Rot Wine Bar for a wine tasting even which I wrote about on Sunday. You can see the rainbow pedestrian crossing, the blue skies and the famous Bucket Fountain.
We had bread delivered on Saturday from Arobake, with croissants for Sunday breakfast, and bread and rolls for during the week. In the shopping basket was this delightful looking broccoflower, some still expensive tomatoes (but I was just longing for some), oranges, asparagus, two types of mushrooms and feta with mint. The lemons came from a colleague’s garden.
Finally, something to make us all smile, Bohemian Catsody. Karl and Charlie are both enjoying it at any rate! Do take a look at this feline version of Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.
What were your small pleasures? Here are some other blog posts from fellow bloggers looking at the good things in life.
- Do check out Carol Ann of Fashioned for Joy for her delights of her week, including a miniature painting.
- Ju Lyn at Touring my Backyard shares pictures of bananas.
- Deb sees blue.
- Natalie the Explorer goes to Niagra Falls.
- Anne over at Something Over Tea shares some lovely pictures of clouds.
- Sanch Writes shares her weekly gratitude.
- Jo at And Anyway celebrates the jacaranda.
- Trent’s World invites us to coffee.
- Little Pieces of Me shares her week.
- Laurie over at Notes from the Hinterland makes mushroom collages.
You can find Thistles and Kiwis on Facebook, and also on Instagram @thistlesandkiwis. As for Twitter….am totally inactive these days. If you want to get in touch, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org