On Saturday night, the government announced that all of New Zealand, except Auckland, is going back up to Covid-alert Level 2. Auckland is now at Level 3, after more community outbreaks in the south of the city. This is of course not good, but at least an immediate decision was made. So my planned afternoon outing to see some dance has been postponed to next Sunday, when we all hope we can go back to normal.
Meanwhile, I am having some time off work, which has given me some time to rest and recuperate. It has also meant that I was able to get to my favourite cafe, Squirrel, for some of their lovely salmon toast. What a small pleasure that was!
Sticking with food, for the pantry there was a new tube of harissa for when I make lamb meatballs, more of my favourite band of sauerkraut, some ready made polenta to have on hand, a jar of ras el hanout to add to my spice cupboard and an interesting looking bar of hot cross bun chocolate, which I will save for when we have friends round at Easter. Also in my shopping bag were aubergines (eggplants), broccoli, oranges, nectarines, more baby carrots and green chilli.
And one final food item! Being at home means lunch at home means time to get out the trusty egg coddler which I know I have featured in the blog before. It really is a small pleasure to get out and use an item you have had since a child to make something light and tasty for lunch.
And I finished the jigsaw! Which also happens to be of food…a picnic in the sun….well, this post will just have to be about the small pleasure of eating!
So those are my small pleasures this week. What were yours? Here are some other bloggers with their favourites from the past week. Please free to join in!
- Ju Lyn introduces us to her new blog in this week’s happy place, happy space.
- Laurie has some lovely Friday Favourites to share with us.
- Deb celebrates a first birthday and meets old friends.
- Little Pieces of Me is grateful for 5 things on Friday.
- Natalie the Explorer shares some snowy pictures from Canada and what she is grateful for in February. She also shares the link to the weekend coffee share blog party.
- Over at Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: runs again after a month.
- Sanch writes her Weekly Gratitude to share with us.
I am going to add this post over at Natalie’s coffee share this week. I had no time to write anything yesterday as we were over at friends eating pizza (food again!).
You can find Thistles and Kiwis on Facebook, and also on Instagram@thistleandkiwis. As for Twitter….am totally inactive these days. If you want to get in touch, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org