Finally, some time to catch up with award posts! Thank you so much Don’t Give a Jam for nominating me for the Blogging Recognition Award. Check her blog out, it’s full of
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started: As the tagline, says, my blog is about a Scottish woman, who lived in Denmark, and moved to New Zealand. I started the blog to cover our move and new life. We’ve been here a while now, but I’ve kept the blog going. By the way, I noticed my ‘about’ page has disappeared, so need to sort that out!
You can also follow me on Twitter @Basia59
And there is a Thistles and Kiwis Facebook page too.
And an email address ThistlesAndKiwis@gmail.com
Advice to new bloggers: Write honestly. You don’t have to reveal everything about your life, but be honest. Use social media. I didn’t and still don’t have a proper social media strategy, but it is an essential part of getting your blog out there. I should practice what I preach!