A few posts back, I did a small pleasures post, and as this week has been one filled with these, I thought I would do another one. Thanks to A New Life Wandering for the idea (and do check out her small pleasures post from this week when it goes up).
1. For the first time, I actually enjoyed a yoga class! I started the first of four introductory classes on Monday, and apart from a bit of a struggle with my left shoulder, got a lot out of it. I’m looking forward to the next class in a week’s time (Monday is a public holiday in New Zealand). Both of my Pilates classes were challenging and excellent.
2. Wednesday was a glorious sunny day as I wrote about in my last post.
Lunch time, Wellington, Wednesday
3. Having sushi in the park for lunch
4. Going to see an interesting dance performance by Java Dance, which I also wrote about in my last post. Called The Wine Project, it was a sensual romp about…yes, wine.
5. Friday morning looked like this…
6. I had my hair cut on Friday, and then Karl and I went out for dinner to Annam, a Vietnamese French restaurant in the city centre. We started with some crispy spring rolls which were excellent and served with a nice dipping sauce and lots of coriander. I had a chicken, coconut and lemon grass curry which was lovely and fragrant, and Karl had a braised beef dish, which although tasty, was a bit spoiled by the rather tough beef. The restaurant does some interesting cocktails, but we just stuck with wine.